Green Building / Sustainable Agriculture
Peninsula College’s Sustainable Agriculture short-term program prepares students for jobs related to sustainable agriculture and small food production systems. Students will learn the principles of sustainable agriculture for small farms, animal, crop and garden production. Industries that utilize these occupations include agriculture and food producing businesses. Students who successfully complete the certificate will be equipped with basic skills related to sustainable agriculture and small scale food production.
Short-Term Proficiency Certificate:
- Sustainable Agriculture Food Systems Certificate
Professional Technical Program Info at a Glance
Type: Professional Technical Program
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Plan for small scale food production.
- Compare and contrast organic and non-organic food production.
- Analyze food production resources cycles and the movement of food from seed to table.
- Apply principles of sustainable agriculture for small farms, animal, crop and garden production.