International Student Applications
Contact the Peninsula College International Student & Faculty Services Office for more information at:
Phone: (360) 417-6491
Fax: (360) 417-6482
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd. #J46a Port Angeles, WA 98362 U.S.A.
All international students must submit the following:
- A completed International Student Application Form and Payment Authorization Form.
- Translated official copies of all applicable scholastic records (transcripts from high school, previous college, or language schools).
- Proof of finance (notarized Affidavit of Support, or an official bank letter, government or sponsor’s statement confirming the availability of sufficient funds for at least one year of study and living costs at Peninsula College).
- A nonrefundable application fee paid in U.S. dollars.
For complete application/fee requirements visit: www.pencol.edu.
Proof of English-language proficiency demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- 500 or higher in TOEFL.
- IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0).
- 92 or higher on the Peninsula College ESL Compass Placement Test.
- Two years of U.S. high school study, with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Successful completion of the Advanced Level of the IELS Program at Peninsula College or any accredited ESL program in the United States.
- Transferring from the academic program of an accredited U.S. college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Note: If your TOEFL scores are lower than 500, you will be accepted conditionally, and you will be required to take IELS classes. If your TOEFL scores are between 450 and 499, you may be allowed to take a college class, such as Music, Physical Education, or Math, that do not require heavy reading or writing assignments along with your IESL courses.
English Requirements for IELS (Intensive English Language Studies) Program
- There is no English proficiency requirement.
- Note: Students who apply without TOEFL scores will be automatically accepted into the IESL program.
Students transferring from another institution within the United States will need to submit the following documents in addition to the regular admission requirements:
- A copy of I-94 and visa.
- A copy of passport (pages containing photo and demographic information).
- Copies of all previous I-20s International Student Transfer Form (signed by current foreign student advisor).
- An official copy of institution’s transcript if you wish to transfer credit.
Please send your application to:
International Student & Faculty Services (ISFS)
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd. Port Angeles, WA 98362 U.S.A.