The multimedia communications graphics program prepares students for entry level employment in a variety of digital media careers including graphic design, digital photography, e-book design and publishing, content development for websites, and design for print publications. Foundation courses provide individuals with hands-on experience using a number of multimedia and graphic software applications. Core courses teach students an understanding of visual communications and provide a strong foundation of multimedia concepts and skills. Capstone courses offer a unique opportunity for students to interact with local businesses, entrepreneurs, and clients while creating a collective portfolio of student work.
Successful completion of this program leads to an Associate of Applied Science Transfer degree in Multimedia Communications. Some courses in this degree concentration are not offered online. Students are required to have access to Adobe Design Premium software and supply their own digital camera for this degree option.
By the time you finish the program, you will have produced an electronic portfolio that demonstrates to employers your ability to develop multimedia content for business, professional, and educational purposes.
Degree & Certificate Options:
- Multimedia Communications AAS Degree
- Multimedia Communications - Graphics AAS-T Degree
- Multimedia Communications - Web Design AAS-T Degree
Short-Term Proficiency Certificates:
- Advanced Web Design Certificate
- Digital Image Editing Certificate
- Digital Layout Design Certificate
- Digital Photography Certificate
- Digital Storytelling 3D Design
- Digital Video Certificate
- Journalism Foundations Certificate
- Web Design Certificate
Professional Technical Program Info at a Glance
Program: Multimedia Communications
Type: Professional Technical Program
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core concepts, terms, tools, and methods used to create digital illustrations, page layout documents, web sites, and web based digital media content.
- Digitize, manipulate, and prepare photographic files for print and web publication.
- Plan, create, implement, test, and manage digital media tasks.
- Work as a team to apply multimedia competencies and plan, develop, and publish a web site for a client.
- Produce a website portfolio that showcases individual digital media competencies.