HSSA 216 : CURRENT TREATMENT TRENDS
Review of treatment models and processes currently showing efficacy in chemical dependency treatment to include: Motivational Interviewing, Action-Commitment Therapy, and ASAM assessment procedures.
- Review current treatment models through powerpoint presentation.
- Identify the six steps of Motivational Interviewing through small group skills practice.
- Review and demonstrate competency in using the GAIN-SS and other tools used to determine Co-Occurring disorders through testing.
- Develop an understanding of Action Commitment Therapy and demonstrate knowledge through testing.
- Develop skills in assessment and diagnosis of substance abuse and chemical dependency through the use of the criteria developed by theAmerican Medical Association and monitored by the state through DASA.
- Assess the implementation of other promising practices in the field through the use of discussion and written review.
At a Glance
HSSA& 101 or instructor permission.
Program: Addiction Studies