The Administrative Office Systems (AOS) program provides up-to-date curriculum that adapts to the rapidly changing workplace.
In an interactive online learning environment, students master Microsoft Office and computer concepts. They observe, practice, and train, then apply their skills in a real-world business environment. Technology skills are combined with writing and specialty courses.
The program is designed to prepare students to work in a wide variety of office settings: Accounting, Administrative Support, Computer Applications Support, Legal, and Medical.
Degree & Certificate Options
- Accounting (AAS and AAS-T)
- Administrative Assistant (AAS and AAS-T)
- Computer Applications Support (AAS)
- Legal Office Assistant (AAS)
- Medical Office Assistant (AAS and AAS-T)
- Administrative Office Systems (One Year Certificate)
Short-Term Proficiency Certificates
- Administrative Software Specialist
- Healthcare Documentation I and II
- Legal Assistant I and II
- Medical Office Coordinator
- Office Assistant I and II
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced skills in cloud-based Office 365.
- Demonstrate ability to create, format, and modify word processing documents.
- Communicate information and ideas (verbal & written) for a variety of business purposes and audiences.
- Create workbooks, analyze data, and use mathematical functions.
- Create tables, relationships, forms, and reports in a relational database.
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and present information in visual presentations.
- Demonstrate competencies to succeed in an administrative office career.
- Exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
The above outcomes are for the Administrative Office AAS degree in Accounting. For other Administrative Office degree program option specific outcomes, go to: pencol.edu/proftech/administrative-office-systems.