AOS 285 : Healthcare Documentation I
Beginning healthcare documentation course designed to develop skills in transcribing and/ or editing of authentic healthcare documents, incorporating basic-level skills in English language, technology, medical knowledge, proofreading, editing, and research. Taught in online format; ability to download and play digitized reports required. This class will include students from multiple sections.
AOS 110 and AOS 111 (or MED 102)
- Transcribe medical reports using correct forms and grammar.
- Define the medical terms and abbreviations presented.
- Define the prefixes, combining forms, and suffixes presented.
- Identify and define the knowledge, skills, abilities, and responsibilities required of a medical transcriptionist.
- Use current medical reference material accurately and effectively.
- Use critical thinking skills to edit and proofread medical reports without changing the meaning or the originator’s style.
- Apply HIPAA policies and procedures.