AOS 286 : HEALTHCARE DOCUMENTATION II
A second healthcare documentation course designed to refine dictation and/or editing skills in proofreading, medical terminology, and speech recognition while progressively increasing accuracy and productivity standards. Taught in an online format; ability to download and play digitized reports required. This class will include students from multiple sections.
- Apply prior knowledge of medical terminology, English grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules to transcription and speech recognition editing.
- Transcribe and/or edit medical documents and specialty reports accurately.
- Format reports according to Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) guidelines.
- Identify, evaluate, and revise inconsistencies and inaccuracies in dictation without changing the medical meaning.
- Identify and appropriately mark items that require the attention of an external resource.
- Research and verify patient information for accuracy.
- Use reference materials and critical thinking skills for accurate completion of reports.
- Apply relevant legal and HIPAA policies and procedures.
At a Glance
Program: Administrative Office Systems