ADMFG 111 : Introduction to Computer Aided Design
This course is intended to familiarize students with drafting and technical drawings for use in industry with an emphasis in advanced manufacturing. Students will learn to determine the types of technical drawings used by different disciplines, the use of drafting standards, 2D and 3D design work while using SolidWORKS software. Students will also learn how design can affect manufacturing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of drafting and CAD terminology.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Drafting Standards.
- Demonstrate ability to use SolidWORKS to create a working drawing set.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 2D and 3D design practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of working drawings.
- Demonstrate understanding of "Design for Manufacturing" practices.
- Demonstrate ability to document and manage change to working drawing sets.