ADMFG 121 : CNC OPERATIONS
This course is intended to provide students with the skills required to complete basic CNC machine set-ups and operations. Students will learn to use CNC set-up sheets, precision measuring tools, and working drawings and prints to verify parts. Students will also use G-Code to program CNC machines and become familiar with the use of canned cycles and parametric Macros to increase programming efficiency and speed. Basic fixture design will be discussed.
- Demonstrate ability to follow CNC set-up sheets.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of G-Code programming language.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate correct speeds and feeds for cutting tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of precision measuring tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of part tracking and "Buy-off" as part of quality control.
- Demonstrate the use of "Canned Cycle" and parametric programming.
- Demonstrate ability to complete basic CNC operations.
At a Glance
ADMFG 140 or instructor permission.