ADMFG 140 : INTRODUCTION TO CNC
This course is an introductory overview of the use of CNC in manufacturing. It covers basic shop safety, CNC operations, CNC programming, and quality assurance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of composites, machining, and software terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Vectric VCarve (CAD/CAM Software) by successfully engaging in: Geometry creation; Geometry manipulation; Tool path creation; Tool path application; Program verification methods; Post processing operation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of WinCNC by successfully: Importing CAD/CAM programs; Operating CNC router.
- Demonstrate knowledge of CNC machine safety.
- Demonstrate ability to set up and operate CNC router.
- Demonstrate ability to change tools manually and automatically with CNC software.
- Identify the requirements and detailed instructions necessary for record keeping for composite part machining.
- Calculate standard tolerances.
- Solve technical mathematical problems (software code manipulation).
- Document technical abilities in written and verbal reports.
At a Glance