ADMFG 143 : Advanced Materials Machining
This course includes advanced CNC programming and machining techniques. Students will learn fixturing, cutting and tooling options for difficult to cut materials and challenging part geometries. Emphasis on cycle time reduction methods.
ADMFG 142 or instructor permission
- Fixture parts using vacuum, magnetic vises and interchangeable/multi-function fixturing.
- Fixture parts for multi-axis machines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fixturing and cutting small parts.
- Identify and program for difficult part geometries.
- Reconfigure existing processes to reduce cycle time.