COMP 122 : COMPOSITES II
This intermediate course in composite materials and processes is an in-depth exploration of fiber reinforced polymers (FRP) and fabrication methods.
- Build projects to specifications, demonstrating an understanding of fabrication drawings and procedures.
- Build advanced vacuum bags, including complex shapes, pleats, and layup schedules, and demonstrate comprehension of the theory of vacuum bagging.
- Fabricate parts using hand wet layup techniques including surface preparation, surface coating, filleting, ply orientation and wet out.
- Build vacuum infused parts to industry standard level of quality, demonstrating competency with vacuum infusion process (VIP) methods.
- Fabricate parts using hand prepreg layup methods, demonstrating competency with debulking, thermocouple use, ply orientation and cure cycles.
At a Glance
COMP 100, COMP 101, and COMP 121.