ATEC 202 : AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS II
Continuation of ATEC 201, with review and a more in-depth study of the fundamentals of DC electricity: Electrical fundamentals review, batteries, starters, charging systems, modern ignition systems, body wiring, and an introduction to automotive computer-control systems are included.
- Identify the various electrical systems, components, and component parts relating to automotive starting, charging, and ignition systems.
- Demonstrate the proper use of electrical test equipment to determine serviceability and repair necessary to automotive electrical components and systems.
- Describe the theory of automotive electrical fundamentals and the application of those fundamentals regarding basic electricity, electromagnetism, and starting, charging, and ignition systems.
- Show an introductory level knowledge of how an automotive computer uses electricity and Ohm's Law to process sensor inputs.
- Read with understanding in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Convey ideas in writing in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Communicate effectively to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Use math to solve problems and communicate to fulfill responsibilities of an Automotive Technician.
- Understand the expectations of the workplace, the responsibilities of an Automotive Technician and the methods of securing employment within the field.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology effectively in the workplace.
At a Glance
2.0 or higher in ATEC 100 and ATEC 201.
Program: Automotive Technology