ATEC 212 : Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning
Theory and operation of automotive heating and air-conditioning systems. Methods for service and repair of heating and air conditioning and troubleshooting techniques.
2.0 or higher in ATEC 100 and be in the second year of the program, or instructor permission.
- Describe the fundamentals of operation of automotive heating and air conditioning systems.
- List and define the major components of the automotive heating and air conditioning system.
- List and define proper repair procedures for the automotive and air conditioning system.
- Demonstrate correct and safe repair and troubleshooting procedures for the automotive heating and air conditioning system.
- List and identify the types of heating and air conditioning systems used by the various major automotive manufactures.
- List and identify faults, and factory specifications using the NATEF worksheet.
- Read with understanding in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Convey ideas in writing in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Communicate effectively to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Use math & science to solve problems and to communicate findings to fulfill Automotive Technician responsibilities.
- Understand the expectations of the workplace, the responsibilities of an Automotive Technician and the methods of securing employment within the field.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology effectively in the workplace.
- Demonstrate professionalism in workplace appropriate dress and conduct.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a productive member of a team.