ATEC 212 : AUTOMOTIVE HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING
Theory and operation of automotive heating and air-conditioning systems. Methods for service and repair of heating and air conditioning and troubleshooting techniques.
- Describe the fundamentals of operation of automotive heating and air conditioning systems.
- List and define the major components of the automotive heating and air conditioning system.
- List and define proper repair procedures for the automotive and air conditioning system.
- Demonstrate correct and safe repair and troubleshooting procedures for the automotive heating and air conditioning system.
- List and identify the types of heating and air conditioning systems used by the various major automotive manufactures.
- List and identify faults, and factory specifications using the NATEF worksheet.
- Read with understanding in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Convey ideas in writing in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Communicate effectively to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Use math & science to solve problems and to communicate findings to fulfill Automotive Technician responsibilities.
- Understand the expectations of the workplace, the responsibilities of an Automotive Technician and the methods of securing employment within the field.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology effectively in the workplace.
- Demonstrate professionalism in workplace appropriate dress and conduct.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a productive member of a team.
At a Glance
2.0 or higher in ATEC 100 and be in the second year of the program, or instructor permission.
Program: Automotive Technology