ATEC 225 : AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR
Hands-on experience on prescribed automobile repairs. Synthesizes prior training in a laboratory that is an operational shop. Speed and accuracy stressed. Laboratory time dedicated to repair and service of automatic transmission, automatic transaxle, and internal combustion engines.
- Demonstrate and improve proficiency in skills relating to: General automatic transmission/transaxle diagnosis; Automatic transmission/transaxle maintenance adjustment; In-car automatic transmission/transaxle repair; General engine diagnosis; Engine R & R (where applicable); Cooling system/lubrication system diagnosis and repair; Brakes; Steering and suspension.
- Demonstrate accepted repair shop procedures such as: Use of time clock; Proper use of service publications and online resources; Proper parts procurement procedures; Proper and safe use of shop tools and special equipment; Correct and proper completion of required paper work.
- Maintaining Professionalism: Exhibit positive behavior; Treat people with respect; Comply with organizational expectations; Comply with company dress/appearance standards; Maintain regular attendance; Prioritize and organize workloads.
- Maintaining a Safe and Healthy Environment: Comply with safety and health rules/procedures; Use and maintain proper tools and equipment; Maintain clean work area; Know how to react during emergencies.
- Demonstrate Technology Literacy: Demonstrate basic keyboarding skills; Demonstrate basic knowledge of computers; Contribute weekly to Canvas Synopsis of your weeks performance.
- Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: Value individual diversity; Respond to praise and/or criticism; Provide constructive praise and /or criticism; Resolve conflicts and control emotional reactions; Display a positive attitude; Work with team members to complete a task.
- Read with understanding in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Convey ideas in writing in order to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Communicate effectively to perform competently as an Automotive Technician.
- Use math to solve problems and communicate to fulfill responsibilities of an Automotive Technician.
- Understand the expectations of the workplace, the responsibilities of an Automotive Technician and the methods of securing employment within the field.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology effectively in the workplace.
At a Glance
Final quarter standing in Automotive Technology Program or consent of program instructor.
Program: Automotive Technology