BAS 310 : FOUNDATIONS OF MANAGEMENT, THEORY & PRACTICE
An exploration of the organization theory literature focusing on major theoretical perspectives and content area. Includes design of organizational structure and control systems; analysis of organization-environment relations, including interorganizational relationships; managing organizational technology and innovation; information processing and decision making; and organizational culture, conflict, and power.
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizations and organization theory.
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizational purpose and structural design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the external environment influences the structure and function of an organization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how organizations are constructed internally to meet their goals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effect of specific dynamic processes in the operation and life of an organization.
At a Glance
Program: Bachelor of Applied Science