BAS 353 : GLOBAL POLITICAL ECONOMY
Examines the politics of global economic relations. The interplay of both economic and political forces shapes outcomes in global affairs. The importance of understanding the interactive nature of these forces is particularly important in this current era of unprecedented global economic integration. Topics explored include globalization, international trade, the international monetary system, multinational corporations, and global institutions, such as WTO, etc.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of key terms, concepts, ideas and theories of international economics.
- Discuss specific ways in which politics plays an important role in shaping the global economy.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of the processes of international trade and monetary relations.
- Analyze the significance, sources and outcomes of globalization.
- Apply basic political and economic concepts and theories to understand some challenges real-world businesses have to deal with in a globalized economy.
At a Glance
Program: Bachelor of Applied Science