COLL 101 : College Success
In this course, you will get your college career off to a strong start by exploring how to turn your interests and talents into an exciting plan for your future career and academic success. Together we will look at the latest research on how learning works and on the habits and strategies of successful people. You will apply this knowledge toward developing your own personalized plan for success in college and in life. If you aren’t sure of the direction you want to take this course will help you explore and choose a path. Get ready for challenging readings, great discussions, and time to reflect on what you really want out of your college career. (E)
- Explore your career and academic interests and develop a plan for success that is tailored to your individual field of study and interests.
- Develop knowledge of how you learn, and apply learning and motivation strategies based on current research on what really works.
- Develop and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Develop and demonstrate good research strategies.
- Participate effectively in the online course site and develop basic skills in electronic file management and essential software programs like word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Develop awareness and skills to communicate effectively in diverse settings and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Identify and use strategies for personal success.
- Read and demonstrate understanding of a syllabus.
- Use email proficiently and with proper etiquette for classroom/professional communications.
- Access faculty during office hours to ask questions and/or engage with course or area of study information.
- Demonstrate understanding of college processes by identifying, accessing and using them.