CMST 286-288 : Introduction to Newspaper Production I, II, III
Theory and application of principles for supervising a publication, from planning to preparation for printer. Emphasis on effective collaboration, management, news judgment, ethical decision making, editing, design, and use of computers to produce student newspaper. More advanced students fill staff management roles on the newspaper. This class will include students from multiple sections.
Permission of instructor.
- Demonstrate professional development for lifelong learning related to course competencies.
- Demonstrate essential skills for collaboration in management, editing, design and production of a publication.
- Management needed to supervise materials others produce.
- Editing stories and images for publications.
- Identify design that enhances a publication's effectiveness for readers.
- Demonstrate ability to produce professional quality images and stories for printed and web-based publications.