This course introduces the student to a broad range of topics about what an entry-level user support specialist is expected to know, including knowledge, skills and abilities they need to find employment in the support industry. It is recommended that students have familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and good keyboarding skills. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Customer service skills for user support agents.
- Writing for end users.
- Skills for troubleshooting technology problems.
- Identifying common support problems.
- Help Desk operation.
- User support management.
- Product evaluation strategies and support standards.
- Students will also create a user support utility tool kit and will participate in first hand experience in simulated Help Desk drill.