CAT 111 : INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT WINDOWS
Keyboarding skills recommended. Manipulate windows; multitask; customize; manage disks, drives, files, folders; help and support; multimedia; graphics; conferencing; instant messaging; blogging; scanning; sharing; and maintenance.
- Start Windows 10 and Explore the Start screen, Start and close Windows 10 apps. Run desktop applications switch between them, and close them. Identify and use the controls in windows and dialog boxes. Navigate your computer using File Explorer, change the view of the items on your computer. Get help when you need it, turn off Windows 10.
- Develop file management strategies, Plan the organization of your files and folders, Explore libraries, folders, and files, Find files and folders quickly, Create folders, Copy and move files and folders, Name and delete files and folders, Work with new files, Sort and group files, Set the appearance of a folder window, Compress and extract files.
- Personalize the Start Screen, pin apps to the Start screen, Create shortcuts on the Start screen, Customize Start screen tiles, Change the appearance of the Start Screen. Personalize the desktop, create shortcuts on the desktop, customize the desktop using the Control Panel, change display settings, and modify the taskbar.
- Define the relationship between the Internet and the World Wide Web, Open, view, and navigate Web pages in Internet Explorer, Revisit recently opened Web pages, Organize links to your favorite Web pages, Use RSS feeds and Accelerators, Explain how email works, send, receive, reply to, and delete email with Mail, attach a file to an email message, add a contact using People, create appointments with calendar.
- Use the Action Center, set up Windows Firewall and Windows Update, Protect your computer from viruses and other malicious software, Use Windows Defender to protect against spyware, examine mail security. Manage Microsoft Internet Explorer security, Protect privacy with In Private Browsing and Tracking Protection, Set up user accounts, Control access to your computer, examine other built-in security features.
- Develop search strategies, Search for apps and settings, Find files by name, type, and category, Filter the search results, Add tags and other details to files, Use Boolean filters in advanced searches, Search, within Windows 10 apps, Search the Internet, Narrow searches using advanced search features, Select search providers in Internet Explorer,
- Examine computer graphics, Add text to a graphic, apply color and draw shapes in an image, create and edit graphics in Paint, Add text to a graphic, Apply color and draw shapes in an image, Acquire, view, and share photos, Organize and play music, Create a multimedia slideshow, Burn video files to a DVD.
- Manage mobile computing devices Select and modify power plans, present information to an audience, Explore network concepts, Manage network connections, Set up and use a home group, Access shared network folders, Synchronize desktop settings, Allow remote access to your computer.
- Back up and restore files, Create a system restore point, Install and uninstall software, Explore Windows to Go Drives, Maintain hard disks, Enable and disable hardware devices, Install and update device drivers, set up monitors, Install and set up printers.
- Optimize computer performance, Monitor system tasks, Examine system information, Increase memory capacity with ReadyBoost, Troubleshoot typical computer problems, Respond to software and operating system errors, Use the Problem Steps Recorder, Manage remote assistance.
At a Glance
Program: Computer Applications Technology