ECED& 136 : School Age Care
The basics of quality child care programs for children age 5-12, including developmental profiles of the school-age child, planning, budgeting, program set-up, curriculum, and resources.
- Evaluate, written philosophies of school age child care that address high quality care.
- Identify at least five professional organizations or resources for school age care providers.
- Develop an appropriate plan for a before and After school age care environment, (that is bias free, respects cultural and individual diversity, is developmentally appropriate, and supports positive self-esteem, social interaction, active involvement, initiative, responsibility, creativity, in addition, a growing sense of autonomy.)
- Use Washington State Career Development Core Competencies or Skills Standards for school age care providers for self-assessments and professional development planning for educational/training needs.
- Analyze a school age program and identify a plan for Improvement that is based on best practices, and accepted standards.