ENGL 180-182/280-282 : LITERARY MAGAZINE PRODUCTION
Planning and production of college literary magazine, Tidepools. Fall quarter (ENGL 180, 280): soliciting student contributions, conducting community-wide contest, designing the magazine. Winter quarter (ENGL 181, 281): judging material and producing camera-ready copy for printing. Spring quarter (ENGL 182, 282): marketing finished product and organizing a reading by contest winners and contributors. Colisted with MEDIA 181-183. (E)
- Compose and produce advertisement about the magazine and the contest.
- Create and maintain a log of received material.
- Recruit and orient judges for contests.
- Demonstrate knowledge of page and magazine design.
- Evaluate and select works for publication; apply knowledge of editing, proofreading, and word processing.
- Evaluate print styles and paper stocks; manage a budget and allocate financial resources.
- Organize magazine distribution, sales agreements with vendors, public readings, and reception for contributors.
At a Glance
Credits: 1 - 3