ENGL 265 : Special Topics in English
This course fulfills the missing credit from transferring semester credits to quarter credits for prerequisite coursework for the Nursing DTA only.
- Explain what they learned in the 101 or 102 course they completed
- Supply several sample essays that satisfy either ENGL& 101 or ENGL& 102 competencies,
- If their sample essays demonstrate the competencies, they get the credit; if not, then they need to write a new essay that meeting the outcomes below
- Demonstrate an ability to follow the writing process of prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Demonstrate an ability to compose thesis-centered, well-organized essays that use correct grammar and mechanics with purpose, style, and voice.
- Demonstrate an ability to research academic sources and apply quotes and information from reliable sources to writing assignments.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize plagiarism and apply proper citation format for secondary sources.
- Apply self-assessment to evaluate knowledge and skills in reading, writing, and research.
- Demonstrate good listening skills, and discuss different viewpoints.