GS 100 : COLLEGE LEARNING SKILLS
Introduces study techniques and principles, including learning styles, time management, resources, concept mapping, note taking, listening, memory, concentration, goal setting, and test preparation.
- Appraise learning and teaching styles and adapt study habits to these styles.
- Prepare and use a time management program.
- Locate and use college resources including catalog, financial aid, student services and library.
- Explain principles of memory and concentration and apply them to study habits.
- Eliminate test-taking anxiety and devise strategies for successful test-taking.
- Incorporate effective reading and study techniques such as SQR4.
- Evaluate and apply listening techniques.
- Use systematic note taking procedures.
- Demonstrate mind-mapping and outlining techniques.
- Distinguish between campus computer offerings and choose services.
- Classify types of stress and use techniques for stress management.
- Categorize instructor differences and incorporate strategies to cope with those differences.
- Write realistic short and long term goals.
At a Glance
Program: General Studies