GRBD 107 : SIDING, DECKS AND STAIRS
This class will focus on three of the most functional and visible elements of any residential construction or light commercial project: siding, decks, and stairs. Code compliance will be a major focus of deck and stair system construction.
- Apply both shear and non-shear compliant siding as well as the flashing and trim components.
- Explain deck code compliance, as it applies to fasteners, spans, and design.
- Design and build code compliant small deck project complete with stairs.
- Demonstrate proper stair system design, layout, and placement.
- Develop and submit a deck addition permit application, as required by local building department.
At a Glance