GRBD 153 : Residential Homebuilding
Hands on residential construction at an actual home building site. Students will learn safety, OSHA competent person, how to operate power tools, building codes, construction standards, blueprint reading, and how to build walls, floors and various components of a home.
- Identify and demonstrate safe and competent person work practices.
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate workplace (job site) behavior.
- Identify hand and power tools and be able to demonstrate proper safety and use.
- Identify and explain the elements of common residential construction.
- Perform measurements and mathematical calculations critical to carpentry.
- Identify building codes and residential construction standards.
- Build key components of a home.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately read blueprints.
- Identify weatherization standards for home building.