GRBD 160 : SMALL FARM AND BACKYARD CARPENTRY
Students will learn the necessary skills required to research, design, and build backyard farm and garden structures that promote efficiency of urban sustainable living.
- Define terminology and concepts related to hands on carpentry techniques for small farm and backyard structures.
- Locate, identify, and comply with local Laws, Codes, Covenants, and Restrictions.
- Develop the skills and confidence to safely use common hand and power tools.
- Students will learn to read and build from prints and shop drawings and will learn the skills necessary to construct shop drawings.
- Identify and select the proper materials and fasteners for your project.
- Research, design, and build small outdoor structures.
At a Glance