Peninsula College offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in the Green Building Trades. As noted in the Partnership for Sound Energy Efficiency Development (SEED) Narrative, “It (the built environment) offers one of the richest opportunities to affect climate change and reap the rewards of reduced energy consumption this program provides students with sufficient skills to construct, retrofit, manage and maintain buildings for the greatest energy efficiency. Instruction consists of classroom presentations and hands on training in lab settings and in the building of a residential home.
Degree & Certificate Options:
- Green Building AAS Degree
- Green Building-Carpentry One-Year Certificate
Short-Term Proficiency Certificates:
- Green Building
- Green Building: Cabinetry and Finish Carpentry
- Green Building: Construction Leadership
- Green Building: Engineered Building Materials and Methods
- Green Building: Urban Homesteading and Carpentry
Professional Technical Program Info at a Glance
Type: Professional Technical Program
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply food service sanitation principals.
- Write standardized recipes.
- Use proper serving utensils and kitchen equipment.
- Perform basic cooking tasks.
- Demonstrate the proper application of dry, moist, and combination cooking methods to a variety of food products (understand standard cooking methods).
- Produce a variety of bakery products using standard baking procedures and evaluate the products based on method, timing, appearance, texture and overall eating quality.
- Explain the flow of food within the purchasing and production cycle.
- Perform cost analysis of menu items.
- Calculate costs and apply procedures in order to run a cost effective food service establishment.
- Perform yield tests and recipe pricing.
- Design and market a menu that incorporates menu planning principle that maximize sales and profits.
- Presentation techniques.
- Purchase and manage inventory.
- •Create and maintain good customer and employee relationships.
- Plan, prepare and serve banquet style.