H ED 095 : HIV/AIDS Licensure 7 Hours
Selections from etiology and epidemiology of HIV; transmission and infection control; testing and counseling; clinical manifestations and treatment; legal and ethical issues; psychosocial issues. Confirm requirement for licensing (H ED 090 4 hour or H ED 095 7 hour) at doh. wa.gov/ LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ ProfessionsNewRenewUpdate
- Outline the local, national, and global etiology and epidemiology of HIV/AIDS.
- List 3 modes of transmission of HIV infection.
- Compare and contrast infection control precautions, including universal and standard precautions.
- Differentiate laboratory tests for the diagnosis and monitoring of HIV infection:
- a. Screening tests
- b. Confirmatory tests
- c. Viral load
- Compare and contrast different treatment regimens.
- a. Occupational exposure (PEP)
- b. Nonoccupational exposure (nPEP)
- c. Antiretroviral treatment (ART)
- d. Primary Prevention (PrEP)
- Apply the legal and ethical issues related to HIV/AIDs:
- a. Reporting infection to public health
- b. Confidentiality
- c. Discrimination
- d. Public endangerment
- Illustrate the psychosocial issues of HIV/AIDS infection on:
- a. Patient and family
- b. Friends
- c. Caregivers
- d. Social Consciousness