HED 090 : HIV/AIDS LICENSURE 4 HOURS
Selections from etiology and epidemiology of HIV; transmission and infection control; legal and ethical issues; psychosocial issues. Confirm requirement for licensing (H ED 090 4 hour or H ED 095 7 hour) at www.doh. wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ ProfessionsNewRenewUpdate
- Outline the local, national, and global etiology and epidemiology of HIV/AIDS.
- List 3 modes of transmission of HIV infection.
- Compare and contrast infection control precautions: universal and standard precautions.
- Apply the legal and ethical issues related to HIV/AIDs:
- a. Reporting infection to public health
- b. Confidentiality
- c. Discrimination
- d. Public endangerment
- Illustrate the psychosocial issues of HIV/AIDS infection on:
- a. Patient and family
- b. Friends
- c. Caregivers
- d. Social Consciousness
- Optional-recommended for pharmacy assistants:
- 1. Differentiate between screening and confirmatory tests.
- 2. List lab tests for monitoring safe and effective treatment.
- 3. Compare and contrast different treatment regimens.
- a.Occupational exposure (PEP)
- b.Nonoccupational exposure (nPEP)
- c.Antiretroviral treatment (ART)
- d.Primary Prevention (PrEP)
At a Glance
Program: Health Education