Incomplete Grades

The grade of “I,” designating incomplete, must be initiated by the student. It requires the agreement of the instructor that you have completed a sufficient amount of course work but cannot complete course requirements during the quarter due to circumstances beyond your control.

The instructor must fill out an electronic contract form that contains the specific requirements to be completed, the time allowed for completion, and the grade to be assigned if the contract is not completed. One copy of the contract is retained by the instructor, one is given to the student, and one is filed with Student Services at the time grades are recorded.

An incomplete grade remains permanently on your transcript if the course work is not made up within a maximum of one year.

An individual receiving veteran’s benefits and/or federal financial aid who fails to make up an incomplete grade within a designated time may risk partial loss or termination of benefits.