MEDIA 181 : LITERARY MAGAZINE PRODUCTION I
Planning and production of college literary magazine, Tidepools. Quarterly activities include: soliciting student contributions, conducting a community-wide contest, designing the magazine; judging material and producing camera-ready copy for printing; marketing finished product, and organizing a reading by contest winners and contributors. Colisted with ENGL 180-182.
- Compose and produce advertisement about the magazine and the contest.
- Create and maintain a log of received material.
- Recruit and orient judges for contests.
- Demonstrate knowledge of page and magazine design.
- Evaluate and select works for publication; apply knowledge of editing, proofreading, and word processing.
- Evaluate print styles and paper stocks; manage a budget and allocate financial resources.
- Organize magazine distribution, sales agreements with vendors, public readings, and reception for contributors
At a Glance
Credits: 1 - 3
Program: Multimedia Communications