This course introduces the fundamentals of database driven website development using the PHP programming language and MySql relational database management system. Students will learn web application programming fundamentals by developing a relational database and PHP web applications. Students will also gain hands-on experience working with web application security and common web application features like create, read, update and delete. Basic understanding of HTML recommended. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Demonstrate an understanding of server-side versus client-side web programming.
- Setup, configure and manage remote hosting account for PHP/MySQL web applications.
- Demonstrate ability to use file transfer protocol (ftp) tools and simple PHP code editors.
- Write PHP code to generate HTML responses.
- Create and use web form input fields to pass variables with PHP.
- Demonstrate ability to control code with conditions and functions.
- Demonstrate use of loops and arrays with PHP code.
- Create and maintain a relational database with MySQL.
- Demonstrate the ability to connect to MySQL databases from PHP web applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to find and debug PHP and SQL code with error messages, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Build a web application the can create, read, update and delete data stored in a database.