MEDIA 206 : DATABASE DRIVEN WEBSITES
Introduces the fundamentals of database-driven website development using the MySql relational database platform and PHP programming language. Students will build and maintain a relational database, develop PHP web applications, and deploy data-driven website features, such as forms and surveys.
- Demonstrate an understanding of server-side versus client-side web programming.
- Setup, configure and manage remote hosting account for PHP/MySQL web applications.
- Demonstrate ability to use file transfer protocol (ftp) tools and simple PHP code editors.
- Write PHP code to generate HTML responses.
- Create and use web form input fields to pass variables with PHP.
- Demonstrate ability to control code with conditions and functions.
- Demonstrate use of loops and arrays with PHP code.
- Create and maintain a relational database with MySQL.
- Demonstrate the ability to connect to MySQL databases from PHP web applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to find and debug PHP and SQL code with error messages, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Build a web application the can create, read, update and delete data stored in a database.
At a Glance
MEDIA 190 or instructor permission. Additional fees required for database webserver account. Course maps to CTCITC 119 Web Programming using Databases.
Program: Multimedia Communications