Passing/Unsatisfactory Grades

You may request to enroll in certain courses on a pass or no-pass basis. If you select the option of having a Passing (P), Satisfactory (S), or Unsatisfactory (U) grade for specific course work, you should request this from your instructor at the beginning of the quarter. You should remember that U grades do not earn credit.

While the number of passing/satisfactory (P/S) grades is not limited at Peninsula College, transfer students are cautioned that many baccalaureate institutions impose limits or restrictions on acceptance of P/S graded credit. If you plan to transfer to a baccalaureate institution you should determine that school’s policy regarding the acceptance of P/S courses before electing this option.