RBIS 108 : RB-Integrating Seminar: Battlegrounds
This one-credit interdisciplinary course covers significant contemporary issues in Indian country and is based on the case-study method. Each quarter the Battlegrounds course has a theme such as “healthy communities,” “Indian activism,” “tribal administration,” “leadership,” or “ethics for tribal vitality.” The cases used in the classes during that quarter correspond to that theme. (E)
- Improve critical thinking skills.
- Improve writing skills.
- Recognize and explain significant contemporary issues in Indian Country.
- Describe alternative solutions to complex issues.
- Explain complex interdisciplinary issues and different methodological approaches.
- Demonstrate cognitive flexibility and the ability to understand different points of view in discussions and written responses.
- Demonstrate adeptness at case-based learning and develop the skills of collaboration, problem-solving, analysis, and evaluation.