SOC 350 : SOCIAL STRATIFICATION
A survey of the nature of social inequality in America, including its causes and consequences to the individual and society. Key issues include the social distribution of wealth, power and status; dimensions of inequality and their measurement; and explanations of stratification and inequality.
- Introduce basic social science concepts related stratification and inequality.
- To acquaint students with the nature and distribution of inequality in our society.
- To critically examine empirical data measuring and/or reflecting inequality.
- To critically examine the consequences of social inequality.
- To develop critical thinking and writing skills.
At a Glance