This two-year competency-based program leads to an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Welding Technology and provides training for skills and related technical knowledge necessary for advancement in the metals industry. Instruction includes classroom study as well as extensive practice in the welding lab. Peninsula College provides American Welding Society (AWS) certification testing for students in an approved facility on the campus.
Degree & Certificate Options:
- Welding AAS Degree
- Welding One-Year Certificate
Short-Term Proficiency Certificates:
- Aluminum Welding
- Arc Welding
- Beginning Welding
- Intermediate Welding
- TIG Welding
- Welding Basics
- Wire-Feed Welding
Professional Technical Program Info at a Glance
Type: Professional Technical Program
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Weld all types of joints.
- Perform oxyacetylene cutting.
- Perform shielded metal arc, gas metal arc, and gas tungsten arc welding.
- Apply workplace safety guidelines.
- Use and apply welding terminology.
- Read basic blueprints.