Academic Credit Transfer from and to Peninsula College

Transferring from Peninsula College

Peninsula College has set its general education requirements for the associate degrees (Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Related Programs) to conform with guidelines of the Washington Intercollege Relations Commission (ICRC) for direct transfer of degree credits. Washington baccalaureate colleges and universities accept these guidelines or have separate agreements with Peninsula College. Students entering those institutions with Associate of Arts (AA) degrees from Peninsula College are considered to be in their junior year and to have completed the general education requirements at those baccalaureate institutions.

Students should meet with a transfer advisor as early as possible to begin transfer planning. Visit to begin that process.

Individuals who plan to transfer from Peninsula College to a baccalaureate college or university are expected to meet the entrance requirements of that institution at the time of their transfer. You should obtain the current catalog from the institution to which you plan to transfer and study that school's entrance requirements, as well as reviewing suggested freshman- and sophomore-level courses in your major field of interest.

Institutions differ in the treatment of credits earned at Peninsula College with pass (P) or satisfactory (S) grades for courses in a major program of study. For example, they may compute a P grade as a C or D (a 2.0 or 1.0) and the College's S as a D (1.0) grade. In the same way, a receiving institution may consider an I (Incomplete) grade to be an F (0.0). Consult with the school you are transferring to. 

Your advising appointment will help you understand the transfer credit process. For new students, advising appointments are made through Pirate Central by calling (360) 417-6340 or email Continuing students should self-schedule their appointments online through Navigate.

If you make last-minute changes in your major area of study or in your choice of baccalaureate institutions, that may create challenges for a timely transfer of credits. Therefore, such changes should be discussed with your advisor as early as possible. 

Peninsula College courses numbered below 100 are not transferable to other institutions. Courses with titles containing the word “technical” or “technology” may not be transferable to all baccalaureate institutions. You should work with your advisor before planning to transfer courses that are specialized components of professional and technical education programs that are listed by the ICRC as “restricted subject area” courses. Associate in Applied Science–Transfer degrees transfer to some colleges. Work with your advisor to identify transferring options.

You may earn more than 90 credits at Peninsula College, but the total number of credits accepted for transfer will be determined by the institution that you are transferring to.

Students who have completed the "Washington 45" requirements may be able to transfer and apply a maximum of 45 quarter credits toward general education requirements at any other public and most private higher education institutions in the state. For more information about "Washington 45," see The list of courses in "Washington 45" does not replace the Direct Transfer Agreement, Associate of Science Tracks I and II, or any Major Related Program agreement, nor will it guarantee admission to a four-year, baccalaureate institution.

Transferring Previous Credits to Peninsula College

Peninsula College routinely accepts credits for college-level courses completed at regionally accredited institutions of higher education. Authority for acceptance of credits is delegated to the Credentials Evaluator.

The decision to grant transfer credit is based upon several factors. Such as accreditation of the source institution and nature of the transfer course. For transfer purposes, the College recognizes as fully accredited only those institutions that have received accreditation by one of the following associations: 

  • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
  • WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)

Regardless of an institution's accreditation, Peninsula College does not grant credit for religion or theology courses that are sectarian in nature.

To have credits transferred, send your previous colleges' official transcripts to Peninsula College either by mail, electronic means or by email directly from the other college to The transfer credit evaluator will then review and complete an official evaluation that will determine what credit may be granted toward graduation requirements. 

In accordance with the Washington Community and Technical College (CTC) Inter-College Reciprocity Policy, Peninsula College offers reciprocity to students transferring within the CTC system who are pursuing the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) degree or the Associate in Science-Transfer (AS-T) degree.