Peninsula College is committed to facilitating the academic success of students. The primary purpose of the Academic Progress and Performance Policy is to quickly identify and alert students with low academic achievement and to provide those students with assistance to improve their academic performance.
- Students must earn a GPA of 2.0 or above. If not, the college will place the student progressively on alert, probation, or suspension
- A student whose cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0 or above will be placed on academic alert
- A student on academic alert who fails to earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 at the end of the subsequent quarter of enrollment will be placed on academic probation
- A student on academic probation who fails to earn a quarterly grade point average of at least 2.0 in the next quarter of enrollment will be placed on academic suspension. A suspended student may petition for readmission to the college after waiting a period of 12 months
- Students placed on Academic Suspension may exercise the right to appeal for Immediate Academic Reinstatement
- Certain vocational programs, international students, veterans, and students receiving financial aid may have different and/or additional academic standard requirements and appeal processes