Definitions of alcohol and other drug use and abuse; alcoholism and other addictions; history and types of chemical dependency; impact on individual, family, and society. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
- Define addiction as a disease in a whole-person (holistic) perspective.
- Discuss between various kinds of addiction.
- Identify basic facts regarding the impact of addiction on the individual, family and society.
- Report symptoms of addiction and identify those affected.
- Explain family dynamics/co-dependency concepts in regard to addiction.
- List various support systems for recovery.