Exploration of dynamics of chemically dependent family during addiction and recovery. Includes therapy models useful in supporting individuals through recovery process and for restoring relationships within family. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Define family as a system with emphasis on recovery process.
- Distinguish healthy/unhealthy family dynamics.
- Identify stages of family recovery.
- Explain abuse/abandonment in regard to the family system.
- List traits of adult children of alcoholics.
- Compare and contrast various treatment modalities for the chemically dependent family.