HSSA 135 : Family Treatment/CD I
Exploration of dynamics of chemically dependent family during addiction and recovery. Includes therapy models useful in supporting individuals through recovery process and for restoring relationships within family.
- Define family as a system with emphasis on recovery process.
- Distinguish healthy/unhealthy family dynamics.
- Identify stages of family recovery.
- Explain abuse/abandonment in regard to the family system.
- List traits of adult children of alcoholics.
- Compare and contrast various treatment modalities for the chemically dependent family.