HSSA 155 : YOUTH CD COUNSELING AND ASSESSMENT
Learn identifying signs and symptoms of teenage substance abuse, appropriate intervention, family dynamics, defense mechanisms and emotional honesty, treatment facilities, aftercare, and family’s progress toward health.
- Interpret most updated strategies of DBHR in working with Chemically Dependent Youth.
- Explain a variety of techniques and evidenced based programs for prevention.
- Students will identify Risk Factors and Protective Factors in community, school and individual.
- Identify student role in social norms.
- Discuss Science Based Education, Prevention and Intervention.
- Explore Evidence Based Programs as opposed to Promising Programs.
- Distinguish practices that work best in counseling youth and their families.
- Identify obstacles in counseling youth.
- Create flexible solutions to these obstacles and put them into practice.
- Develop an opportunity to evaluate ethical values in Chemical Dependency Counseling.
At a Glance
Program: Addiction Studies