Understand State of Washington court procedures and laws pertaining to alcohol and drug related offenses, domestic violence, incapacitated persons and involuntary commitment, and deferred prosecution. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Expose students to a variety of laws (RCW and WAC) through written materials, research and guest speakers.
- Students will explain in written and oral form how the Social Justice System works for their clients in the State of Washington.
- Students will understand how the Chemical Dependency Field relates to the community as a whole.
- Students will identify a minimum of five employment opportunities in the Chemical Dependency Field.
- Expose students to their role in the establishment of community values, state values and national values relating to Chemical Dependency Studies and Work.
- Develop a familiarity with the differences in State, Local Ordinances and Federal Laws.
- Develop Opportunities to re-evaluate community, person and ethical values in the Chemical Dependency Field.
- Develop an understanding of how laws evolve and can be changed.