HSSA 160 : Chemical Dependency and the Law
Understand State of Washington court procedures and laws pertaining to alcohol and drugrelated offenses, domestic violence, incapacitated persons and involuntary commitment, and deferred prosecution.
- Expose students to a variety of laws (RCW and WAC) through written materials, research and guest speakers.
- Students will explain in written and oral form how the Social Justice System works for their clients in the State of Washington.
- Students will understand how the Chemical Dependency Field relates to the community as a whole.
- Students will identify a minimum of five employment opportunities in the Chemical Dependency Field.
- Expose students to their role in the establishment of community values, state values and national values relating to Chemical Dependency Studies and Work.
- Develop a familiarity with the differences in State, Local Ordinances and Federal Laws.
- Develop Opportunities to re-evaluate community, person and ethical values in the Chemical Dependency Field.
- Develop an understanding of how laws evolve and can be changed.