Principles and rules of conduct of ethical standards essential for CD profession, including nondiscrimination, responsibility, competence, legal and moral standards, client welfare, confidentiality, client relationships, and interprofessional conduct. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Define ethics in the counseling profession.
- Identify code of ethics & rules of conduct for the CD profession.
- Apply understanding of counselor professional ethics.
- List counselor ethical principles.
- Develop awareness of burnout symptoms in a counseling environment.
- Apply ethical criteria in an experiential setting.