Five credits awarded to students presenting documentation of 250 hours of supervised counseling training with agency approved by Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse. Students must complete 2,500 total hours of supervised counseling training to obtain professional qualifications to practice as chemical dependency counselors. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Choose agency for CDPT documentaion of hours.
- Demonstrate professional competency by completion of documented hours.
- Utilize counseling skills in a therapeutic environment.
- Assess areas of learning in helper role.
- Compose group activity for observation.