HSSA 201 : PATHOLOGICAL GAMBLING & OTHER ADDICTIONS
A comprehensive overview of assessment and treatment of the pathological gambler. Gambling specialist awareness addressed; also a focus on other addictions and compulsive behaviors.
- Identify similarities to and differences from substance use addictions.
- Report profiles of the different gambler types.
- Report impact of problem gambling on individual, families and society.
- Recognize co-existing conditions and addictions requiring treatment or referral.
- List current methods of treatment.
- Explain relapse factors for problem gamblers.
- Identify methods of assessment of problem gambling.
At a Glance
Program: Addiction Studies