Continued medical terminology on body systems emphasizing clinical applications. Investigation of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, advanced abbreviations and symbology, and systemic diseases and treatment modalities. Ability to read, understand, and interpret various types of medical reports and physician-generated documentation will be stressed and required. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Continue exploration of medical terminology as it relates to the different body systems.
- Apply prior knowledge of medical terminology to read, comprehend, and interpret different practical applications of medical terminology.
- Spell and pronounce medical terms correctly.
- Explore common medical terms associated with pathological conditions and procedures affecting different body systems.
- List and distinguish common abbreviations associated with different body systems.