This course is an introduction to ceramics based materials and creative process, with emphasis on personal expression through diverse practices. Students create a series of projects utilizing a variety of traditional and innovative hand building techniques and processes to create three dimensional sculptural forms. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities-Performance, Elective)
This class has a $115 ceramics supply course fee.
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in ceramic artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in ceramic artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in ceramic artworks.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of the ceramic mediums.
- Demonstrate an ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Develop some cultural awareness of ceramic visual arts practice and history.
- Demonstrate appropriate health and safety practices in the ceramics studio.