This course helps students advance their ceramic based techniques and concepts through studio work, art theory, processes, and personal expression. The focus of the course is determined by student interests and will include a diverse offering of sculptural and functional theories and approaches to making. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
This class has a $125 ceramics supply course fee.
ART 224 or instructor permission
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in ceramic artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in ceramic artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in ceramic artworks.
- Demonstrate an increased technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of the ceramic mediums.
- Demonstrate an increased ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Develop an increased cultural awareness of ceramic visual arts practice and history.
- Demonstrate appropriate health and safety practices in the ceramics studio.